Lollie has issued a challenge of sorts, to which I am apparently honor-bound to respond. Like Jinx.
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the #1 spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the #5 slot, like so:
1) You da Mom
2) Worker Mommy
Next, select five people to answer the following questions on their own blog. I tag these: Mully, Boomer, Night Editor, Suspiciously Pleased, Hybrid Fat-N-Sassy
(Do it if you want. Don't if you don't. No pressure.)
What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was getting ready to go to Spain and Morocco with Dad, which was super cool. I was still working at the U of M in the Department of Surgery, recovering from my job at the environmental organization. Those damn nonprofits are killers.
What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was hanging in S.D. with a good friend from high school. The talk was all about Vince Vaughn and Sean Penn, who were about to arrive in the area to film part of a movie.
Five snacks you enjoy:
I think the better question is what snacks don't I enjoy.
1) Cheetos or anything else that is crispy, salty, cheesy, and bright orange.
2) Peanut butter, especially with banana slices on toast
3) Candy corn and dry roasted peanuts mixed together
4) Chicken wings
5) Hummus and chips
Five songs that you know all the lyrics to:
1) Several Lynyrd Skynyrd songs
2) King of the Road (Roger Miller)
3) Brandy, You're a Fine Girl (Looking Glass)
4) Luckenbach, Texas (Waylon Jennings)
5) Femme Fatale (Velvet Underground)
Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) Buy a cute little house that didn't need any immediate work done
2) Go on vacation for a month
3) Relieve some friends of their debt
4) Fully fund my retirement account
5) Buy some super nice clothes
Five bad habits:
1) Not telling friends what's bugging me and letting it come out passive aggressively
2) Letting the litter box go waaaay too long without attention
3) Being a Ms. Critical McJudgersons
4) Not letting people in or asking for help when I need it
5) Living in squalor
Five things you like doing:
2) Making people laugh
4) Riding my bike and listening to funky music on my headphones
5) Canoeing (on calm water)
Five things you would never wear again:
1) My Gunne Sax inpired prom dress
2) The eyeglasses with the giant lenses
3) Polo shirts
4) That green dress I made to wear at Janet and Grace's wedding
5) Pleated-in-the-front pants
Five favorite toys:
2) My margarita shaker
4) My bike
5) CD player